The message shown below is a real example of a Nigerian or 419 Scam. The message promises the victim a share in a large sum of money in exchange for helping to transfer cash and gold out of Angola. According to the message, the case and gold are contained in two trunks that are being held by a security company. This money and gold does not exist. Recipients who initiate a dialogue with the scammer by replying to this message will eventually be asked for advance fees supposedly required to allow the deal to proceed. They may also become the victims of identity theft.
If you receive this or a similar message, DO NOT reply. If you have already replied, DO NOT comply with subsequent requests to send money or provide personal information.
Nigerian Scams – 419 Scam Information
SUBJECT:I NEED YOUR ASSISTANCE.
PLEASE ACCEPT THIS MESSAGE AND RESPOND TO ME URGENTLY.
HOW ARE YOU AND YOUR FAMILY? I HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH YOU. I WRITE TO INFORM YOU ABOUT MY DESIRE TO INVEST AND TO BUY A HOUSE IN YOUR COUNTRY, AND I HOPE THAT THIS TRANSACTION WILL BE GIVEN AN URGENT APPROVAL AND WILL BE TREATED WITH THE STRICTEST CONFIDENCE.
I AM JOHNSON SAVIMBI FROM ANGOLA.MY LATE FATHER GENERAL JONAS SAVIMBI WAS THE REBEL LEADER WHO CONTROLLED THE GOLD AND THE DIAMOND REGIONS OF ANGOLA FOR 27 YEARS SUCCESSFULLY WITHOUT INTERNAL OR EXTERNAL INTERFERENCE.
BEFORE HE DIED,MY FATHER WAS ATTACKED BY THE OPPOSITION FORCE OF THE GOVERNMENT OF PRESIDENT JOSE EDUARDO DOS SANTOS AND WAS KILLED IN FEBRUARY 22 2002. BUT BEFORE HIS DEATH, HE REVEALED AND HANDED TO ME THE WHOLE DOCUMENTS COVERING THE DEPOSIT OF TWO TRUNK BOXES IN THE SECURITY COMPANY HERE IN COTONOU THE REPUBLIC OF BENIN WEST AFRICA. BECAUSE OF THESE REASON I FLED TO CONGO BRAZZAVILLE AS A REFUGEE BECAUSE MY FATHER STEPPED ON MANY TOES WHILE HE WAS CARRYING OUT HIS REBEL ACTIVITIES AND MANY OF HIS ENEMIES ARE AFTER ME ESPECIALLY MY PRESIDENT.
I STAYED IN CONGO FOR ONE MONTH,AFTER WHICH I THEN FLED TO COTONOU IN OTHER TO CLAIM WHAT MY LATE FATHER LEFT FOR ME TO INHERIT AS HIS LEGITIMATE HEIR-AFTER AND NEXT OF KIN.MY FATHER DID NOT DISCLOSE THE REAL CONTENT OF THE BOXES TO THE SECURITY COMPANY SO THAT THEY CANNOT RAISE EYEBROW AGAINST HIM.
THE FIRST BOX CONTAINS 200KG OF 22 KARRAT ALLUVIA GOLD DUST WHILE THE SECOND BOX CONTAINS ($40 MILLION U.S. DOLLARS).THESE TWO BOXES ARE UNDER THE CUSTODY OF A SECURITY COMPANY HERE IN COTONOU, BENIN FOR PROTECTIVE SAFEKEEPING PURPOSES. MY LATE FATHER DISGUISED IT AS “FAMILY TREASURE”. SO THE COMPANY DOESN’T KNOW THE REAL CONTENT OF THE TWO CONSIGNMENTS BOXES. HE ALSO GAVE ME ALL THE RELEVANT DOCUMENTS COVERING THE DEPOSIT OF ($20 MILLION U.S.DOLLARS IN A SUSPENCE ACCOUNT IN A BANK HERE IN COTONOU THE REPUBLIC OF BENIN WEST AFRICA.
PLEASE SIR,I WANT YOU TO HELP ME TRANSFER THIS PHYSICAL CASH INTO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT IN YOUR COUNTRY AND TO ALSO HELP ME COME AND ASSIST ME CLAIM THIS CONSIGNMENT IN THE SECURITY COMPANY HERE IN COTONOU,BENIN.I AM READY TO SIGN AN UNDERTAKING TO RELEASE 20% OF THIS TOTAL MONEY TO YOU AND THE REMAINING 80% WILL BE PURELY FOR INVESTMENT PURPOSE.I BELIEVE THAT YOU ARE A TRUSTED AND RELIABLE PERSON AS I CAN FORESEE AND I FULLY HOPE THAT YOU WILL NOT BETRAY ME AT LAST.
PRESENTLY,I AM OUT OF ANGOLA.I AM NOW HERE IN BENIN UNDER THE UNITED NATIONS HIGH COMMISSION FOR REFUGEES(UNHCR) PROTECTION.I HAVE MY REFUGEE DOCUMENTS COVERING MY STAY HERE IN BENIN AS A POLITICAL REFUGEE FLEEING FROM POLITICAL PERSECUTION.I AM NOW IN THE REFUGEE CAMP SEEKING U.N PROTECTION AND SECURITY.SIR THIS IS URGENT INFORMATION THAT I AM GIVING TO YOU,PLEASE,HASTEN UP TO MAKE PROVISION FOR ME TO LEAVE THE REFUGEE CAMP IMMEDATELY AS THIS WILL SPEED UP THIS TRANSACTION.IT WILL ALSO KEEP THIS TRANSACTION STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL BETWEEN YOU AND I ALONE.
I AM ANXIOUSLY WAITING TO HEAR FROM YOU SOONEST.
NOTE:PLEASE GIVE ME AN URGENT REPLY AS SOON AS YOU FINISH READING THIS MESSAGE.ALSO INDICATE YOUR DIRECT TELEPHONE NUMBER IN YOUR NEXT REPLY TO ME.
COTONOU BENIN REFUGEE CAMP
Please reply me through this email. email@example.com
Since you’ve read this far……can I ask you for a big favour?
To enhance your privacy and security and offer you a better user experience, Hoax-Slayer is now ad-free. To keep the site online, I now rely on voluntary contributions from site visitors along with commissions from a few trusted products and services that I promote via reviews on the site.
If you found the above report useful, please consider supporting Hoax-Slayer by making a donation. Any amount you can give will be greatly appreciated.
You can donate using your credit card via the form below. Donations are collected securely via the online payment service Stripe. Stripe uses state of the art security to keep your data safe.