The ten most popular articles on Hoax-Slayer right now.
- 'Hanging Naked Man' Orchid Flower Images
- Were Cages Placed Over Graves in Victorian Times to Trap the Undead?
- Giant Table and Chairs Horse Shelter Photograph
- Beware of Facebook Scams Claiming You Can See Your Profile Visitors
- Watch Out For 'Luxury RV' Giveaway Scams on Facebook
- Watch Out for This Nasty 'Check Victim List' Facebook Phishing Scam
- Rebirth Of The Eagle 'Motivational' Message is Fiction, Not Fact
- Watch Out for Fake SWIFT 'Payment Remittance" Emails
- Misleading Warning about Missed Calls From +375 and +371 Numbers Outline
- 'Look What I've Found' Facebook Messenger Scam
Importance NoticeAfter considerable thought and with an ache in my heart, I have decided that the time has come to close down the Hoax-Slayer website.
These days, the site does not generate enough revenue to cover expenses, and I do not have the financial resources to sustain it going forward.
Moreover, I now work long hours in a full-time and physically taxing job, so maintaining and managing the website and publishing new material has become difficult for me.
And finally, after 18 years of writing about scams and hoaxes, I feel that it is time for me to take my fingers off the keyboard and focus on other projects and pastimes.
When I first started Hoax-Slayer, I never dreamed that I would still be working on the project all these years later or that it would become such an important part of my life. It's been a fantastic and engaging experience and one that I will always treasure.
I hope that my work over the years has helped to make the Internet a little safer and thwarted the activities of at least a few scammers and malicious pranksters.
A Big Thank YouI would also like to thank all of those wonderful people who have supported the project by sharing information from the site, contributing examples of scams and hoaxes, offering suggestions, donating funds, or helping behind the scenes.
I would especially like to thank David White for his tireless contribution to the Hoax-Slayer Facebook Page over many years. David's support has been invaluable, and I can not thank him enough.
Closing DateHoax-Slayer will still be around for a few weeks while I wind things down. The site will go offline on May 31, 2021. While I will not be publishing any new posts, you can still access existing material on the site until the date of closure.
Thank you, one and all!